Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Holy Smokes - It's 2008!

Wow - we had super Christmas sales! I got so busy that I (obviously) let the blog go for awhile (and I was on hiatus for awhile with a sick baby). Hmm, don't think anyone missed me :)

I was selling those darn I Spy Bags so fast that I couldn't even keep up my supplies. I was running out to Michael's and Jo-Ann's almost daily trying to replenish my stock (and paying a premium for trinkets!). Now I'm all set with wholesale accounts for trinkets and for pellets. Now..... all I need is for new year's sales to pick up!

I'm gearing up for Valentine's Day, which is only about 6 weeks away. I already have a heart-shaped I Spy Bag. Now I'm busy making it in several fabrics and trying to promote it! I relist it every night - hopefully worth the 20 cents - to keep it on the first 10 pages of the children's category. It's CRAZY how many items are listed every day!

Since I last posted, we have been featured on several other treasuries - most recently, my heart shaped I Spy Bag was featured simply because it was plaid! Hey - whatever gets me exposure :)

So, I'm thinking of making some Valentines for sale, but I don't know if I'll get around to it or not. If I've learned anything, it is that I have GRAND ideas, and NO time. I'm so busy with this business and my 3 kids that in my list of new year's resolutions I actually wrote "brush my teeth every day..." Of course I do that already, but sometimes it's after noon! And on good days, I'm dressed by then, too. In my stay-at-home-mom uniform...

Well, that's it for now. I must get back to doing something productive. And to think that my husband was so happy last night because I took the sewing machine off the kitchen table. Yeah, that lasted a long time... ah, the woes of being married to one of those Greathouse women.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!