Monday, April 7, 2008

More on my new products!


Well, my baby rudely interrupted my last post LOL, so I'm back now! Hmmm.... I was going through my latest and greatest.

So, I decided the jellyfish wasn't all that great, and I moved on to the starfish. It wasn't that great, either. I guess there's nothing too special about them - I couldn't really think of a way to give it any personality. Starfishes don't have faces, do they? Or maybe right in the middle, but then where would I put the window? Anyway...


So, we get down to the ones that I DO like! I made some whales. I just love whales. My first prototype turned out alright, but not much personality. I worked on him a bit, and then came up with this guy:
I think he is pretty special, don't you? His spout is made from white embroidery floss, which I knotted/sewed on like doll hair. Inside of each little knot is a spot of fabric glue. I hope this will hold up to wild hooligan children. Or at least normal children (if there is such a thing)...

Ah, then I moved on to my shark. He is a lot of work. a lot lot lot of work. My first prototype had a fish-shaped window. I decided that this was 1) too much work, and 2) didn't look proportionately right with the shape of the shark. My next prototype made use of the same eye pattern I use on my small basic I Spy Bags. Here was my final design:

And, who can have a sea-life collection without a seahorse? At least a try at a seahorse? I took a stab at it, but it's just not quite right yet, either. The pink unfinished one I made first, then the aqua one (which still hasn't been stitched up yet as you can see the straight pin in it still). I burned out a little on the seahorse as it wasn't coming together, so maybe I'll get back to it if there is any interest.

4 comments:

  1. What cute animals. I just stumbled on your blog by clicking next blog and was surprised to see such cool creations. I really liked the whale. From the picture's angle it kind of looks like a hand puppet of some sort. Which would be really cool. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shark is about the cutest thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've really gone above and beyond. These are great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!