Saturday, April 19, 2008

Greathouse Hardware

Things are happening here at Those Greathouse Women. We have opened a new shop on Etsy! I wouldn't exactly call it a "sister" shop - more like a very very distant cousin... We have stumbled upon this great body of work in the world known as "steampunk." What is steampunk? Well, that deserves its own post, but you can read this for now.

For those who know us in the real world, you'll understand why this is a great endeavor for us. To put it lightly, we have A LOT OF JUNK. We're talking junk in greater quantities, higher levels of coolness, and crazier than you've ever seen... and most of it is miniature. You can imagine our excitement when we realized that we might be able to profit from our junk weakness.

Check out these first few pieces of jewelry that my mom made:

I just got them in the mail today, and I was so excited about them, that I photographed them right away and got them up on our new shop site! We'll see if there are even any views - the jewelry market on Etsy is rather competitive...

Oh, and in case you are wondering -- I have not heard back from the magazine yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!