Thursday, February 26, 2009

The birds are telling me spring is just around the corner!

Today has been one of those days that's hard to break into. I just can't seem to get my act together to get anything accomplished. As I gloomily checked my email, said good morning to my Twitter friends, and got some coffee, I overheard my kids playing hide-n-seek with their caregiver. Smile. "It's not such a gloomy day," I thought.

I noticed that the sun was starting to shine on my window shade, making the whole studio glow. Opening the shade, which involves refolding the accordian pleats and clipping it up with plastic clips (yes, I still have those temporary paper shades after living here for a whole year and a half), revealed this lovely sight.


It may look dismal to you, but those are the tracks of my children, which were created just a few days ago on a snowy winter day. Today, those tracks reveal grass peeking through, and the thought of my kids running around out there having a blast gives me a warm feeling. Too often, I'm scolding them for venturing into the snowy yard when they haven't the proper boots on, too often I'm in a hurry to get out the door, too often I forget to enjoy the little things.

It's 45 degrees right now. I cracked open my studio window so I could hear the birds, which is well worth the chilly breeze that occasionally graces my bare feet as I sit here typing. The snow is melting. The sun is shining. The birds are singing - spring is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!