Thursday, July 10, 2008

Just one more reason to love Endicia...

As you already know, I'm in loooooove with Endicia. I haven't been to the post office since, well, I can't remember the last time! Shipping has never been so easy, and I don't have to waste gas and time driving to and waiting in line at the post office.

Yesterday, I discovered a whole new reason to love Endicia. A month ago, I sold some beads to a customer in Canada. He emailed me yesterday asking what was going on with his order since he hadn't received it yet. Well, 1st class international packages don't have tracking numbers, so normally I would have been out of luck. This has happened to me about 3-4 times, and each time I felt inadequate due to the lack of information I had to give the customer. All I could say was "check with customs - I mailed it on XX/XX" and hope that he/she believed me.

WELL! All I had to do with this order was go to my postage log within my Endicia software, and copy the log information. Since Endicia connects directly to the USPS for each transaction, a customs number was generated on the spot, and I was able to give that number to my customer. He can now go to the local customs office and actually have something to give them to help locate the package. The log also shows exactly what printed on the label, so he can check to see that I sent it to the correct address, and it shows what day I printed the label and on what day it mailed (no guessing here). No trust issues. It is what it is.

Of course, I have yet to hear back from him on whether he received his lion beads... I suppose Endicia can't prevent lost packages, but it certainly improves customer service from a seller to a buyer - for ALL types of packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!