Saturday, July 26, 2008

How does your garden grow?

The buds are finally peeking out, and I'm hopeful that I'll actually have flowers in a few days! After pulling all existing landscaping and replacing the sidewalk last year when we moved in, this is the first time that the house doesn't look naked!

Of course, the neighbors think I am crazy. For weeks they thought I was growing a vegetable garden right smack in the front of the house. Yeah. I think some are still wondering.... What can I say? It was less expensive to plant hundreds of seeds than to buy one bush that would look lonely and bare all summer. Maybe next year we'll get into the "real" landscaping. For now... bring on the sunflowers, zinnias, and cosmos!

1 comment:

  1. Love growing from seeds. It's like being pregnant without the side affects! Our flowers here are burning from the intense heat and lack of rain...sad.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!